Free MP4 to DivX Converter – How to Convert MP4 to DivX with The Original Quality
DivX is one of the most favorite video codec for online video distribution and in P2P file sharing network. What are the best MP4 to DivX converters to turn MP4 videos to DivX files? Whether you need to convert the video files directly on your computer, or use an online converter, you can learn more about the 6 best MP4 to DivX converter freeware from the article.
Part 1: Top 3 MP4 to DivX Converters Online for Free
Top 1: FVC Free Online Video Converter
FVC Free Online Video Converter is a versatile MP4 to DivX converter to transcode most of the video files with the original quality. It also enables you to edit the video bitrate, sample, frame rate, audio volume as well as audio resolution with ease.
- 1. Provide simple and intuitive interface to convert MP4 to DivX with ease.
- 2. Batch conversion that enables you to convert multiple videos losslessly.
- 3. Convert MP4 to AVI, MKV and more other video formats with DivX codec.
- 4. Adjust video/audio bitrate, sample rate, frame rate, resolution, and more.
Top 2: Convertio
Convertio is another free online MP4 to DivX converter, which you can choose videos from PC, URL, Google Drive, Dropbox and more other sites. Moreover, you can have a batch process the conversion for multiple MP4 files at a same time with an account.
- Import the MP4 files from a folder, Drop box, Google Drive and more others.
- Tweak the frame rate, video quality and adjust recording area for DivX files.
- Provide a simple user interface to transcode the MP4 files into DivX codec.
- You should download the converted MP4 files to your computer.
- It comes with some annoying Ads and slow conversion speed.
Top 3: Online Convert
Online Convert is an all-in-one MP4 to DivX converter to convert video to AVI and MKV in high quality. Moreover, you can also tweak the DivX codec, video bitrate, frame rate and more other settings. But it is difficult to preview the output videos within the online converter.
- Offer almost all the common formats and video codecs to choose from.
- Choose a desired preset or even customize the different video settings.
- Select the MP4 videos from a URL, Dropbox, Google Drive and more.
- It only enables you to convert the MP4 to AVI or MKV, instead of DivX.
- Unable to preview the video effects, video editing and others instantly.
Part 2: 3 Best Free MP4 to DivX Converters on PC/Mac
Top 4: Handbrake
Handbrake is an open source MP4 to DivX converter on Mac and PC, which you can choose a universal profile for standard or high quality conversions. It also enables you to tweak the basic and advanced options to improve the DivX codec with ease.
- Provide the built-in device presets, as well as the general video codecs.
- Process most common multimedia files and any DVD or Blu-Ray sources.
- Enable you to add chapters, subtitles, video filters and more other settings.
- The live preview is only available for the first four minutes of the video.
- Tinkering with settings requires time-intensive trial and error.
Top 5: Format Factory
Format Factory is a fantastic and free MP4 to DivX converter that converts most media file types. It supports converting between various images, audio and video formats as well as converting to mobile formats and even DVD and CD conversions.
- Quick batch file format to convert multiple MP4 files to DivX codec video.
- Built-in disc ripping tools to rip videos from CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays easily.
- Provide some advanced file mixing and video-joining utilities as desired.
- Installer includes potentially unwanted programs for your computer.
- It only works for the Windows operation system with outdated interface.
Top 6: VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a free, portable and an open source media player, as well as a MP4 to DivX converter on Windows, Mac and Linux. Besides the basic video editing features, you can also add subtitles, apply video filter and more in a simple manner.
- Provide excellent tools for tweaking video and audio playback.
- A playlist function allows for multiple films to play one after the other.
- There are multiple expandable via plugins to get the desired files.
- Editing metadata isn't as straightforward as MP4 to DivX converters.
- It does not provide the detailed settings to the DivX output files.
Part 3: FAQs about the Free MP4 to DivX Converters
1. What are The Differences between DivX and AVI?
DivX is a codec used to compress the video, while AVI is a container format where the compressed audio and video files are stored in. DivX dictates how the video is coded while AVI is responsible for how the data is stored along with other related information. But An AVI file can easily contain video that is encoded with other codecs like Xvid and libavcodec.
2. What is the DivX Codec?
The DivX codec is currently the most popular MPEG-4 based codec because of its quality, speed and efficiency as well as the wide range of DVD players that support the DivX format. When you convert the MP4 to DivX, you can remain the video quality for online streaming with ease.
3. How to Play DivX Videos on PC/Mac?
What should you do if you cannot play the DivX videos on your PC or Mac? Of course, you can simply download and install a DivX player to playback the videos. Moreover, you can also install some DivX codec, which you can view most of the videos on your computer.
What is the best free MP4 to DivX converter to transcode MP4 into a video format with DivX codec? Just learn more about the 6 free and most frequently used video converters from the article. When you want to get a desired video format for online streaming sites, or smart TV, FVC Free Online Video Converter is always the best choice you can take into consideration.